Monday, May 19, 2008

my mother's daughter




so apparantly i get bored really easily... when i'm not working, i have to be doing something, and this past weekend, i had friday saturday sunday and monday off! so what did i do during my four days off? well, friday morning i went on another multi-pitch climb with cliff. where he took a nap at the top before we did our 4 pitch rappel down. the route we took is straight up the middle. it was amazingly fun as usual! then immediately after climbing, i hopped in a car with genevieve and began a very long car ride to glacier national park. i needed a week away. i know i get away all the time, but this was an easy away. while driving, the scenery was breathtaking and the hike in was superbly easy! it's amazing what a difference it makes when you only have 25 pound packs and no elevation gain, and no altitude problems! we covered five miles in less than 2 hours! i will show glacier pictures later, when i get geneveive's pics as well.
it was very nice to be able to clear my head and feel the peace that only comes with enjoying the beautiful world in which we live.

1 comment:

Maria Hart said...

I love that you're having so much fun! Have double fun, for me too! I have fun, just on a smaller scale! I love being outside though, it is way better thatn church on the spiritual factor.