Saturday, May 3, 2008

my birthday!


so it was my birthday yesterday... it was great! i cleaned in the morning... a much needed clean, mind you, then maria and her kiddos came down to spend the weekend with me! thus far, it's been great! as soon as they arrived, we threw my birthday roast in the oven then ran up big cottonwood canyon for some climbing with aunt sissy! angie was so funny. she got scared on the rope about halfway up (a good 25 feet). so we lowered her down, then she scrambled up and walked back and forth on a precarious rock ledge without a rope, without fear (a good 15 feet up). i don't pretend to try to understand children. then emma climbed all the way up! she's fearless... i think she gets it from me... i'll let maria post those pictures on her page. she was so proud of them!

after climbing, i had a bunch of my friends over for some pot roast and potatoes... while dinner was cooking, we had to entertain the kids... well, the "adults" were more entertained by the legos than keller... good times

my friend made me an amazing frog cake.

my presents- many happy birthday wishes from family (i'm sure grandma's five dollars is in the mail), frog plates with food dividers in them! they're pretty incredible... a hand made fabric square with a frog drawn on it from angie, a frog stuffed animal from one of my friends... i also got a food dehydrater, a merino wool base layer, and gift cards to rei, tsunami (amazing sushi place), and a yarn store here in town. then some of us ladies went to see made of honor. i wanted a chic flick... it was an amazing birthday! and just for the record, i'm going to say that 25 will kick 24's ass!!

3 comments:

Criscell said...

Hi Sarah! HOw are you?? I didn't know you had a blog! I found you on Cecily's blog. I have one too--you'll have to check it out sometime and then we can stay better in touch. Happy (late) B-day! Hope all is well!

Maria Hart said...

We had such a fun weekend. The girls want to know when we are coming again! It was fun to see you as the center of attention amongst your friends. Angela planned her own birthday party a good portion of the drive home. Keller said, "I don't want to go back to my white house. I want to stay with Sissy!" Many compliments to the person who can win Keller's affections over his home and his Daddy! Happy 25th... I love you!

Cecily said...

I just love that frog cake! It sounds like you had an awesome day. Tell me when your free one of these days because I still plan to take you to lunch!