Tuesday, November 18, 2008

i know... i know...

ok, so i know it's been ages since i last updated you on everything... what can i say, either i've kept myself busy, or i'm lazy... i'll let you take your pick!! =o) so! let's get down to business:

1- school is going great! i have one week left in my second class. we have been discussing nursing roles as they were in the past and what we predict they will be in the future. i believe i am the youngest nurse in my class. it's really fun discussing all the issues with people i've never met, but are CLEARLY much more experienced than myself.

2- ultimate season is over. we won our section in an amazing game against missoula. but we tanked at regionals. didn't make it to nationals... IT'S SO FRUSTRATING!! missoula won nationals. we beat them at sectionals!! argh!! next year. i swear i'm going to make it to nationals if it's the last thing i do!!

3- climbing. i've been climbing a lot, though not as much as i'd like to! funny how you get a taste of something and you always want more!! last month i went climbing with lisa (a girl on my frisbee team) several times and conor (a very nice/cute boy) once. i love living so close to things i love doing!! two of these pictures are at the upper s curve in big cottonwood canyon and the other is tingey's terror in little cottonwood.


4- my nephew pearce is SO cute!! clark and chelsea came down from alaska last month to go to moab. it was regionals that weekend so i couldn't go (sorry family...) it's so great that chelsea has a blog and keeps us family in the loop so i can still be "aunt sissy" from thousands of miles away!! the more children my siblings have, the more i want one too! (don't worry... i'm not about to get myself knocked up... i'm on a three-step plan. step one: get a date. step two: marry. step 3: start family... ) while here, clark and chelsea's brother taught me the art of slack-lining. it's pretty addicting. i'm sure i was outside for at least 3 hours. my feet were bruised the next day, but as most things i partake in, well worth the pain!! clark and chelsea's brother could do a "jumpstart" on the slack-line... i could only stand up while bracing myself on clark's head. i did take about 5 steps without guiding hands and without falling though!! not bad for only three hours!! =o) what can i say... i'm a slow learner...

5- work is going great. recently i was co-in-charge-of-work-retreat. it was a fun party. (at least that's what i think...) we did team building games and as nerdy as it sounds, it was fun to watch people work together on a dumb project like "build the tallest tower out of these suppplies." we also played jeopardy, me and sandra (the other party-planner) came up with the questions. my favorite topic was "chitty butts"... it was so fun. oh and people were divided into random groups by animal stickers so to "buzz in" on jeopardy, you had to make your animal noise (that was my idea) it was HILARIOUS!! all these nurses who are so highly admirable as people and in their profession making monkey sounds, standing up to roar loudly, and cock-a-doodle-dooing... good times... also, we got our boss to jump out of a styrofoam ginormous cake and do a little dance.

6- my annual trip with scooter. every year about early novemberish, scooter and i go on a trip. 2 years ago it was moab for my first time. last year we went to zion. this year it was buckskin gulch. buckskin gulch is a 20-mile slot canyon in southern utah. it was absolutely beautiful! we did the canyon in one day. it was kinda long and my feet were very tired at the end, plus i was hungry and well... me and hunger don't get along... have i always been like that or is it just something i've been noticing more recently? anyway- here are some shots of buckskin gulch and roaming around the area the day after. who knows where we're going next year, but i know it'll be just as great if not better!!

7- my dad got a triple date. my parents, and my sister and brother-in-law came down for the transiberian orchestra concert on thursday. i went to their concert last year and the whole time i was thinking "my parent's would LOVE this!!" so as my mom's belated birthday present, i got her tickets to the show. (as a side note, she also brought me down a shopping list of goodies, including, of course, chocolate milk) sure enough, they LOVED the show! my dad was busy figuring out the engineering behind the stage design, light show and pyrotechnics. mom was busy conducting in her chair. maria and john, i believe, loved the performance as well. i took the same date i took to the concert last year. he called me several weeks ago and mentioned something about the orchestra being in town again. i mentioned that i had tickets and asked if he wanted to go. oh by the way, it'll be a date with my entire family... hope that's not too weird... =o) it was an AWESOME concert!! can't wait for next year! my parents stayed in a hotel that night and i joined them for continental breakfast in the morning. i love my family!!

8- my most recent adventure was climbing in joshua tree, california over the weekend. it was amazingly fun. my friend cliff called me a while ago and asked if i was up for a long drive. i said "of course. where to and when?" we decided on joshua tree and went climbing all weekend! i've concluded that i need to get more into shape before climbing for an entire weekend. my muscles are incredibly sore, my legs, especially knees look like they were mauled by about 20 cats and my nose is a little red, but as mentioned earlier- well worth the pain!! i was fortunate enough to have several of my friends drive down with me! it was me, scooter, lisa, baker, conor, and his friend max. we piled into my dad's red truck (don't worry dad... i'll post another red truck adventure for ya) and drove 9-10 hours there. camped all three nights, had campfires, music around the campfire, smores, climbing, hide-and-seeking, friendshipping... honestly, it couldn't have been any better! it was great to see cliff again (both he and gen moved around the same time. stupid people... moving away and whatnot... who cares about advancing your career or education... honestly... people these days) there was a free climber soloing on the multi-pitch route we were on... not sure i understand the stupidness behind THAT plan... but to each his own... he was about 100 feet up with about 80 feet left to go. on the way back from joshua tree we stopped at in-n-out burger in las vegas. conor came up with this great idea of an eating competition. me and him against lisa and max. lisa and max won... word of advice- when participating in SPEED competitions of the food nature, have someone on your team who doesn't meticulously chew their food... he still had hamburger in his cheeks 2 minutes after the competition had ended! but we have it all on video somewhere... oh, and we got 2 other tables in on the cheering action.

9- congratulations. you have successfully caught up to the last month and a half of my life... it's been fun!!

2 comments:

Maria Hart said...

It's about time you updated your life! I am out of breath just reading about it! Good times. We are looking forward to seeing you next weekend! I think we should go bowling.

Tonya said...

Wow, you've been up to some COOL stuff! :) And as a side note, it really makes me feel better about myself that you are still so addicted to climbing and everything active--I always felt like the lazy loser sharing a tent with you at girls camp!