Thursday, June 12, 2008

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAD!!

so i'm totally copying clark and chelsea on posting their happy birthday to grandpa roger, but i'm a terrible daughter, and forgot it was the 12th today, and didn't remember to call and wish dad a happy birthday today! sorry dad! but happy birthday!! i got you your first birthday present though! so i'm not THAT bad of a daughter!
so here are some reasons why you're my favorite dad, and some of my favorite memories of my favorite dad:
you always brought home porcelain dolls from your business trips.
i remember when you were living in florida and me and mom flew out to visit. you helped me collect all my seashells. you built a box car with me that months later you brought home to idaho. i still have a little porcelain bear figurine that you sent me while you were living there. oh, and lots of letters. i remember lots of letters.
when you moved back home to idaho, you let me take you on a tour of the house, i distinctly remember HAVING to show you the drawers in the kitchen, and each of their purpose... you pretended to be interested in the drawers, even though now i know you were just glad to be home!
you built our porch and even let me "help"
planting flowers
coming home for lunch
hiking tablerock on that REALLY windy day... you got knocked off balance and i was thrown to the ground in that dust devil!
you came to all my concerts
you nag me about school
i don't have to explain my jokes
mom rolls her eyes at both of us
you take care of your family
you love mom
you love us
you have comfy shoulders to lean on in church
you're a ham
you're a nerd
blessings every school year
dancing at my wedding (don't worry... it'll happen again!!)
and last but not least: your prime rib!!

i love you dad!! happy birthday!!

3 comments:

Maria Hart said...

Great tribute for a great man. Dad, let me add that you are one snazzyily clad man. I distinctly remember being mortified that you would drive me to the mall wearing a Space Data shirt, turquoise sweatpants, and camouglade flip-flops. At least you weren't wearing the peach converse sneakers!

sarah said...

i must've gotten my sense of fashion from dad... i also forgot riding the tandem on that girls trip with the stake that i was too young to go on... but went anyway... there was this big hill going down that dad leaned forward so as to be more aerodynamic, and i, well, tried to fly. love you!

mom and dad said...

Thanks Sarah. I love you as a great daughter and as the wonderful young woman that you have become. Dad