Monday, August 11, 2008

I'm Amazing

Here's why:
well, besides the usual lovable, adorable, totally incredible reasons...
1- i rapelled a waterfall on friday with genevieve. it wasn't anything grand, dangerous, high or technical. it was just fun! you rapel off a tree then someone has set up anchors around a boulder a little more than halfway down. the first part, your feet are just in the water... well, unless you're me and your feet keep slipping and you butt plant into the rocks and water... then your butt gets wet too... the second part is more verticle so your legs are completely submerged and the rest of you gets splashed on. it was quite exhilerating and refreshing at the same time!




my rope is finally dry!
2- this past saturday and sunday was the park city ski town classic (frisbee tournament). out of five games played on saturday (pool play) we lost one... to missoula... they were the toughest team there, granted they only showed up with 6 players, they picked up a couple of random players while at the tournament... they're still a good team! anyway... we lost to them on saturday. so we went 4-1 saturday. on sunday, we finished the pool play, won that game and advanced straight to semis. we beat them 11-5ish and were up to play missoula again in the finals. missoula took halftime with a score of 7-4. and it was a little breezy... remember, we suck in the wind... but not yesterday!!! holy crap! practically everyone had amazing plays (my favorite plays to be described in #3)... it was a game to 13 win by 2. missoula had us at 12-9. trevor had an amazing layout d, phil had an unbelievable rundown catch in the endzone, damen had an amazing grab, simon skied someone in the endzone... just to name a few!! so anyway, to make a long story short, we went on a five point run and beat missoula in the finals 14-12. several of our women got injured (ankles and such) so we only had 4 women the second half... being uninjured, i played a lot...
3- i got the john neil award! the john neil award is this way ghetto "trophy" that has been with the team for years. it gets passed around every tournament to whoever the previous winner deems worthy... it's named after john neil because he ALWAYS got the trophy and other people wanted it so they named it after him so others could share in the glory. i won it once my second full year with the team, and just got it again from phil, mr amazing in human form. at jackson next weekend, i will have to give it up to someone more worthy, but until then... it has a nice home on my dresser!
4- my favorite plays (involving me, of course). in the finals game- i stalled sarah, the best woman on their team. granted, it's a team effort, everyone on my team by now was playing shutdown defense, but i stalled her!! i think i caught 3 discs in the endzone... 2 of them were me being wide open and they were fairly easy catches... but one was up wind, john neil and i were the hot pair. he got it about half field and i took off so i could actually cut back under, but while i was thinking about cutting back under, i heard "UP!" i turn around and promptly see the disc directly above me... i down shift, box out, get the disc in both hands, plant my feet inside the line and hit the ground. that one felt good!! it was in bounds and amazing!
not in the finals, i also had a left handed layout grab that had me feeling pretty cool too... molly put that one up to me... i'm still astonished that my left hand held onto it! i LOVE ultimate!!!!!!!

5 comments:

Kellie said...

I can't believe I went to work when I could have been getting soaked with you in the waterfall! What was I thinking? Too bad I missed it. Well let me know what the next adventure will be and I will try my hardest to get there!

Cecily said...

The waterfall it so beautiful! What a fun day...even if you did butt plant into the water. haha! That was a funny visual. Also, nice work on the John Neil award! I'd like to see a picture of this ghetto trophy!

Kylee said...

SARAH!!! Ok, so I saw your comment and promptly stole YOUR blog address off Kellie's page. I love the pics and rockclimbing and frisbee - is there more to life? I am hoping to get back into USU frisbee here in the next couple weeks. Glad to be back in Logan!

Kylee

The Manwaring Family said...

Repelling a waterfall! How cool is that!!

Kinsey England said...

You really are amazing Sarah!! Its true! Have fun in Jackson this weekend and good luck!